WCM has recently entered into a contract with the City of Thousand Oaks to assist them with their NPDES and MS4 compliance activities. One of the City’s goals is to eliminate trash from storm drain systems in the City. However, costs must be strongly considered when generating a plan to meet the Permit requirements.
While compliance is mandated, funding for this mandate is borne by the City. So cost considerations must include:
– Methods to gain full Permit compliance
– Costs to install appropriate products
– Costs to maintain products installed
– Increase in costs of maintenance activities already implemented
– Increase in costs resulting from rain events
– Useful product life
– Liability associated with installation of BMPs
Our analysis and work plans achieve all of these goals. Implementation of this program is set to begin immediately.